'Twas the Night Before Christmas was a Christmas themed webcast story featuring the Thirteenth Doctor. It was the second of two animated Thirteenth Doctor webcasts released in December of 2018, the first being Festive Thirteenth Doctor Yule Log.
On Christmas Eve, Santa Claus is in a panic because his sleigh has lost its magical flying power. He calls the Thirteenth Doctor, who agrees to lend him her TARDIS for the night. Later, as the TARDIS zips around the world, a news anchor reports that there have been sightings of a police box in the sky.
- Narrator - Bradley Walsh
- Thirteenth Doctor and herself - Jodie Whittaker
- Santa Claus - TBA
- News anchor - Sophie Raworth
- Santa Claus crashlands in Lapland.
- The place is filled with snowmen and candy canes.
- A sign points towards the North Pole.
- Santa's sleigh has lost its magical flying power.
- Santa moans that it is too late to call a mechanic.
- Santa has an iPhone with a cover that reads Plum.
- Santa knows the telephone number to the TARDIS.
- The Thirteenth Doctor is on an unnamed planet.
- The Doctor uses the TARDIS telephone.
- The Doctor offers Santa to borrow the TARDIS.
- A news anchor reports about sightings of a flying police box.
- This story is the first in the "Jodie Whittaker/Chris Chibnall era" to not feature Graham O'Brien, Yasmin Khan and Ryan Sinclair. However, the story is narrated by Graham actor Bradley Walsh.
- Various media prior to this "era" have depicted her without her "friends", although most of these stories were written prior to her first television story.
- The story is named after the famous Christmas poem of the same name, and told to the same rhythm and metre.
- This is the second story to be named after the poem, after the Big Finish audio story.
- Jodie Whittaker breaks character at the conclusion of the webcast to wish the viewer a "merry christmas from everybody at Doctor Who".
- The Doctor has met Santa Claus before on multiple occasions. (COMIC: A Christmas Story, Silent Knight, PROSE: Dr. Tenth: Christmas Surprise!, The Man Who (Nearly) Killed Christmas, A Visit from Saint Nicholas, TV: A Christmas Carol, Death in Heaven, Last Christmas)